There are chips. Then there are Sweet Potato chips. Then there are Paprika Roasted Sweet Potato Chips. These are SO good. Warm paprika flavours coating crispy sweet potato discs and a tiny hint of cayenne to add a little heat. Delicious. These are your go-to when you’re a little sick and tired of boring old chips. Best of all? They’re so simple to make – only 4 ingredients!
The secret to getting roasted veg nice and crispy is cutting it small enough. I love leaving these chips as little circles because it looks nice, but you need to make sure you get them thin enough so they don’t end up soggy. I’d say between 1/2cm and 1cm is optimum, depending on your preference. Another tip is to be patient when they cook. If they don’t look crispy enough, just leave them in the oven.
These are great as a side for lots of dishes, or just as a snack. If you cut them really really thin, they will crisp up even more and almost be like vegetable crisps, which is a really great snack. You don’t just have to leave it at sweet potato either – the paprika flavour works great with lots of vegetables. Carrot or squash have a similar flavour which slots nicely into this recipe.
If you’re looking to spice up your normal side of chips, try these! They’re simple, with very little prep and ingredients. Perfect!
Paprika Roasted Sweet Potato Chips
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C fan. Slice the sweet potato into 1cm discs, leaving the skin on. Place in a bowl.
- Add the paprika, cayenne and oil to the bowl. Toss with your hands until the potato slices are evenly covered.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove, and flip each disc over with a fish slice. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Once crispy and browned, take out the oven. Transfer to a bowl and serve with plenty of flaky sea salt.
Method in Pictures
Gather your ingredients
Slice the sweet potato into 1cm thick slices
Mix the potato, oil, cayenne and paprika in a bowl
Spread the slices onto a baking tray and place in the oven
After 25 minutes, turn the slices over and return to the oven
Roast for another 20 minutes, until crispy
Season with sea salt and serve