I love chicken dippers. They’re such a quick easy meal, and so tasty. However, sometimes, there’s no denying it – they can be a little boring. I started making them this way when I got tired of regular old chicken dippers, and I’ve never looked back. Crispy, tender, with a sumptuous garlic butter sauce helping them to crisp up in the oven – there’s nothing better. Being oven baked, these Crispy Garlic Chicken Dippers are far healthier than fried chicken, yet still delicious.
This meal is so quick and easy. All you need to do is coat the chicken, and then make the garlic sauce. The garlic butter sauce helps provide bags of flavour to the chicken, and also makes them extra crispy in the oven. It’s super simple – just a little butter, oil, herbs and garlic, but it can’t be beat.
These chicken dippers are full of flavour. When you bread your own chicken, it’s easy to add lots of flavour in the batter or breadcrumbs. You can add herbs and spices that fit with the meal, like chilli flakes, or smoked paprika for extra heat. For these, I threw some garlic salt in with the breadcrumbs just to intensify the garlic flavour (because when is more garlic ever a bad thing!).
Perfect for a quick, throw-together meal, these Crispy Garlic Chicken Dippers are great with Homemade chips, a salad side, or even wedged between some bread for a chicken sandwich. Plus they keep really well for the next day if you want to plan ahead. Give them a go!
Crispy Garlic Chicken Dippers
For the chicken
- 4 large chicken breasts (or 8-10 mini fillets)
- 150 g plain flour
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
For the garlic butter sauce
- 50 g butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs (dried)
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 180°C fan. Put your flour, egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Beat the egg with a fork. Add the garlic salt to the breadcrumbs and mix through.
- If using chicken breast, chop in half lengthways, and half again, so each breast is split into 4 smaller dippers. Coat each piece in flour, then in egg, and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Spread the chicken across a metal baking sheet, leaving space in between. Place in the oven on a middle shelf and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter sauce. Melt the butter in a bowl, then add the dried herbs and oil. Finely chop the basil, crush the garlic, and add both. Mix the ingredients to combine.
- After 25 minutes, take the chicken out of the oven. Spoon some garlic butter sauce onto each piece, making sure to get some herbs and garlic on each one. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- After 10 minutes, or when golden and crispy, take out of the oven and serve with fresh basil and flaky sea salt.
Method in Pictures
Gather your ingredients
Beat the egg in a bowl
Coat each chicken piece in flour
Then in egg
And finally in breadcrumbs
Spread the chicken pieces onto a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes
Melt the butter in a bowl
Finely chop the basil
Add the oil and herbs to the butter
Crush the garlic and add to the sauce
After 25 minutes, drizzle the garlic butter sauce over the chicken pieces
Cook for another 10 minutes
Serve and enjoy!