Mmmmm easy homemade guacamole, who doesn’t love that zesty creamy salty, goodness scooped up with a crispy tortilla chip. Yes please! And this recipe is THE best one I have found. Whenever we make guacamole, we tend to just throw in ingredients in random amounts, so it was weird to have to measure them out into quantities! But this mix of ingredients makes the most delicious guacamole ever.
Guacamole is super versatile. I’m pretty sure I could eat an entire bowl to myself as a main course, but it’s great for starters, served with crunchy tortilla chips, or as a side to your favourite Mexican feast. I love loading this dip onto my fajitas, or serving it with hot cheesy nachos. The possibilities are endless.
Creamy avocado chunks, with a kick of chilli, hints of tangy lime and plenty of salt to season, it’s just delicious. And the best part? It’s so simple and quick to make! Even for the most incompetent cook, this dip is easy. There’s something just so satisfying about making your own instead of buying it pre-made. Not to mention the fact that it is incomparable taste-wise.
Look below to see how to make this easy homemade guacamole in under 10 minutes. I promise you will never buy shop-bought guacamole again.
Easy Homemade Guacamole
- 3 avocados (ripe)
- 2 vine tomatoes
- red onion
- sprig fresh coriander
- 1 small chilli
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- Half the avocados and remove the stones with a spoon. With a small sharp knife, slice and dice the avocado flesh, taking care not to cut through the skin. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon into a large bowl.
- Finely cut the tomatoes, onions and chilli. If you like a hotter guacamole, you can add more chilli, or add less if you prefer it mild. Add these to the bowl with the avocados.
- Roughly chop the coriander and add it to the bowl. Scatter the sea salt over the ingredients.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the ingredients together. You can make it as chunky or as smooth as you prefer by mashing for longer or shorter lengths of time.
- Halve the lime and squeeze in the juice of both halves. Roughly mix in with a fork.
- Season with black pepper and serve in a bowl with some fresh coriander and tortilla chips.
Method in Pictures
Gather your ingredients.
Half the avocados, pop out the stone and use a small sharp knife to finely dice inside the shell.
Scoop out the avocados into a bowl
Finely chop the tomatoes, onion, and half the chili
Half the lime ready for squeezing, and roughly chop the coriander.
Add all the chopped ingredients into the bowl and add a teaspoon of salt.
Mash the ingredients with a potato masher or the back of a fork
Squeeze both halves of the lime into the bowl and mix through with a fork
Serve in a bowl
Serve with tortilla chips for the ultimate homemade guacamole dip